Webinar series developed by Victoria University of Wellington and UNICA, will launch on 9 November 2021 from 8-9pm New Zealand time (7-8am GMT) with a discussion on “Universities and the Climate Crisis: A Collective Responsibility”
Taking place while the COP-26 meeting will be making pivotal decisions for humanity’s future, the webinar will feature four panellists from the Asia-Pacific and Europe alongside the session chairs.
Together they will
- Discuss how capital city universities in the Asia-Pacific and Europe are responding to SDG 13 and the actions they are prioritising
- Explore their institution’s roles in influencing their governments on issues nations are facing
- Foster peer learning around some of the major issues that sustainability offices, academic departments, and research institutes in the regions are addressing
- Exchange experiences and good practices related to the implementation of sustainability strategies at universities in Asia-Pacific and Europe
- Identify areas of potential focus for trans-regional collaboration in research, teaching and internationalisation, and
- Answer attendees’ questions.